‘What are your response rates?’
This is one of the most common questions we encounter when talking to people about leaflet distribution. It is an understandable question especially since many companies in the leaflet delivery business use slogans like ‘Double your response rate’ or ‘Guaranteed double the response rate compared to other companies in the industry’ to advertise their services.
There are so many things that end up impacting the final amount of responses one will get from a campaign that this question requires a much more detailed answer.
Response rates in leafleting stand on three pillars
1. The design of the leaflet
2. Quality of delivery
3. Picking the appropriate area for distribution
Our role is to make sure that each one of these aspects of your campaign is optimized.
1. We offer free design consultation to maximize the potential of your leaflets.
Different areas of London respond to different types of leaflets. Sometimes a classy leaflet is what you want and sometimes including an offer and making sure your service do not look too expensive can be better. We make sure to guide you through the process of deciding exactly what message your leaflet should communicate and what effect this will have on areas your should be picking for distribution. We have our in-house designers on hand as well to potentially take over and design your leaflet from scratch if necessary.
2. We guarantee the quality of delivery with multiple systems we have implemented over the years.
– We do not fold leaflets
– We do not deliver in the rain
– We employ only the best people and keep them with us for years
– We also employ supervisors that check our workers multiple times a day
– We offer multiple tracking and GPS systems that inform you in real time about your distribution taking place and provide proof of it afterwards
3. We help our clients plan their distribution ahead of time to make sure we hit the right areas in an organized and intelligent manner over a predetermined period of time.
One of the most commonly overlooked strategies that influence response rates is repetition. We recommend that most of our clients deliver ideally three drops of leaflets to an area over a period of ten weeks.
This is something that is not an ideal approach for every business, however there are many types of companies that could truly benefit from a well-designed repeated leaflet distribution campaign.
We make sure to space the individual drops out in a way that will not be perceived as over-delivering and saturating the letterboxes with the same leaflet repeatedly. By leaving two to three weeks in-between the drops we make sure that the residents in your target area remember your branding and respond to your leaflets without being bothered by receiving the same leaflet too often.
This is a strategy that is commonly used by restaurants to build their local clientele or by new businesses wanting to let all the residents of there area know of their existence.